I just made my first pdf sewing pattern to share with you all! Yay!
When I was pregnant with baby girl I took up sewing (blame it on the nesting hormones)
This baby bear hat is one of the many cute things I came up with. (Check out my sewing section for more)
Here is the PDF Download for the Print Out Version:
When printing your pattern, make sure your printer is set to Scale to Fit. :)
If you want to make it bigger to accommodation a child or adult, just increase the pattern pieces by making the main hat piece as wide as half of the circumference of the head.
1. Cut out all pieces as directed.
You should have the following:
2 Hat Body Pieces.
4 ear pieces
(in a color matching the hat)
2 pink felt pieces.
2. Place your hat pieces with the front sides facing you. Put aside.
1. Place ear pieces with the fronts facing each other.
2. Hand stitch with 1/8" seam allowance.
3. Turn inside out and then hand stitch the pink felt onto both ears,
1. Fold up where each the Hat Pattern Pieces say "fold up."
2. Flip one of them so both front sides are facing each other.
3. Make sure the fold coordinates on both sides. Adjust if needed.
Taking the top hat piece off the bottom (with the front facing you) pin your ears on upside down on the top of the front piece.
Sew along the rainbow shape of the hat using a 1/4" seam allowance.
Flip inside out & you are done!
Make sure the fold coordinates on both sides. Adjust if needed.
Here is the example (the PDF is scaled to printer size)
This hat was my favorite thing for her to wear when she was a newborn because she was born during the winter.